Wednesday, November 2, 2011

All Hallows Eve

Halloween is a great excuse to plan a party. From the costumes to the colors, I had a blast putting together this bash!

First things first! I have said it before and I will say it again. Your invite sets the mood! Thats why I went with a funky, bat inspired invite. The wording is catchy and fun. The guest knew what to expect before they even arrived!

















Working in a small space? No problem! Streamers can work dreams for decor. I strung them up from four corners and used the extra to cover a door. I also added a decorated circle to tie it all together. Lighting is key in a small space. Make sure to turn on your lamps!







Space may also be limited in your entryway. I added this funky fabric filled with colorful spiders to greet the guest as they came in!










This table display was a crowd pleaser! My main colors were lime green, purple, and black with a touch of orange. I wanted to steer clear of the normal orange and black. I used a sheer fabric to tie all the colors together. I kept my serving piece to a sold white with black accents. I loved using a Edgar Allan Poe book to give the cake stand a little more height. It went perfect for Halloween.

Here is a close-up of the food. We made name tags from vellum and scrapbook paper and gave all the foods a Halloween name. The menu was as follows from right to left:
"Spider Boo"- inside a cute spider dish was a chocolate Oreo cheese ball. Animal crackers and
nilla wafer for dipping.
"Graveyard dip"- a yummy chicken dip with tortillas and crackers.
"Creepy Caramel Apples"- apples made into perfect bite-sized circles drizzled with caramel (and some extra to dip in on the side!)
"Monster Cake"- the star of the show! A vanilla cake with lime green frosting covered with a hot fudge glaze and topped with googley eyes.
"Candy Cocktails"- simple martini glasses filled with Halloween candy
"Zombie Eyeballs"- cooked in the crockpot all day meatballs
"Ghostly Pizzas"- pita bread cut into 4s topped with lots of mozzerella and two turkey pepperonis for eyes!

Another hit was the "Swamp Water." If I told you what was in it, I would have to kill you! But, I am sure you are dying anyway over how cute this display is! A mason jar drink dispenser inside a birdcage... I did give myself a pat on the back for this one!

This is the drink station! Lined with solo cup monsters and a great carved pumpkin! I used a vase for the flowers before putting them inside the pumpkin so that after the party was over, you can simply pull out the vase and toss the pumpkin out!








A close up of the
pizzas and apples!







Favors for the end of the night filled with a ghost shaped Peep, chocolate bar, and graham crackers.
"Come back next year for S'MORE fun!"







It's not everyday you can get away with decorating a party with spiders, ghosts, and black/orange color combos, but on this day of the year it is fun to pull out all the stops and enjoy a nice glass of Swmp Water with your friends.

Happy Halloween Y'all!


Time for Turkey
Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment