Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Rambling of "Thanks"

Sorry folks, this post isn't going to be about New Hampshire even though that is what was promised "next." I very rarely go off the beaten path, or what I like to call my "plan," just ask my boyfriend, I have a "plan" for everything, but this can be an exception to the rule :)

This post will be about my event "stuff" and where it has been heading for the past few weeks. First, if you are reading this now, then I take it that you either, A. support me in my endevors to become wedding planner extraordinaire, or B. you are bored. Either way, I'll take it; although, if it is A, I wanted to fill you in.

I have been working my hump off trying to get my name out there. Wonderland Events has grown on FaceBook, I am getting more and more invitations on LikedIn from other event companies asking for services and what they can do to help me out, I have been prop shopping for unique items to make my parties one of a kind, and I have even been asked, or shall I say questioned, about doing a few upcoming weddings.

Needless to say I am overwhelmed with how well the business is going. I thought having 70 people "like" my FaceBook page was a sign that I was doing poorly since other companies have over 2,000. Then I realized they have been in the business for years and I have been in it for a few months. Last night I was on the phone with an amazing photographer (her blog is linked to my page) and she was giving me advice about what to do next and where to look for the best props. Tricks of the trade. After our convo, I was even more energized about my biz and am now full speed ahead!

I learned that I am doing just fine, and will continue to get better and better. I guess what this post is really about is a "Thanks" to those who pushed me to follow my dreams and to those who have shown their support!

Here are the two props I snagged. You better believe I can't wait to use them in my next party or inspiration shoot!!


I think that hat is just what the doctor ordered. A little bit of class from the top hat, a little bit of fun from the decor, and a whole lot of Wonderland, which is what my company is all about!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment