Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My First Inspiration Board

It took me a little while, but I figured out how to use my iPad to create inspiration boards. This was my main reason for buying an iPad. I thought it would be great to be able to sit with clients and show them several boards that I made to see what they liked and create a board just for them! And the best part about it is that I don't have to have the internet to do it :)


Here is my first attempt at a board. I picked these items because it would be a great wedding to have in Early fall. The colors of goldenrod and olive green mixed with natural browns and whites give a vibrant and natural feel. Very laid back and very DIY friendly. The only change I would make would be  the color of the sash on the great vintage dress. I would like to see it in goldenrod or olive. Other than that, I think a wedding is in order!


Invitations always set the tone for your wedding to your guests. Here,the invitations are playful and a great way to set the tone of a casual wedding. Small honey jars sealed with burlap could also be monogrammed to match the last name of the bride-to-be for a yummy favor. Instead of an open bar, use mason jars to pre-mix your cocktails (or just add sweet tea and lemonade!). The chalkboard place mats are fun and super easy to make. Add some of your favorite flowers to twigs, twine, and a mason jar to have a rustic centerpiece. Turn it into a evening wedding by adding lanterns to the table scape. Plain white dishes and burlap napkins are a no brainer. I'm in love with this whole look... Now, WHO WANTS TO GET MARRIED! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment