Friday, September 23, 2011

Easy Breezy Beach Board

Yay! I finally got my beach board done! I found a lot of really cool details for this wedding that made me fall in love even more with saying “yes” on the sand.  Check it out:



I'll go from left to right explaining my picks! First, the DIY seashell candles are a great inexpensive touch that adds subtle lighting and lots of detail. Use these on the sign in table or even around the centerpieces at the reception.

The guys boutonniere made from starfish are great and will standout on any color of suit with the greenery in the background.

One of my favorite touches to this wedding is the living favors. These small plants can go a long way and will make your guest remember what a great wedding you had when they see the plant grow. I think it would be cute to add a saying to it with a decorative tag. Maybe, "May these plants grow each day more and more like our love has." Love it!

Another one of my favorite is the tandem bike pictured above. For vintage weddings, the couple leaves in a vintage mustang, or for posh weddings, they may have a limo as the get-a-way car, but for the beach, a tandem bike is a must have! Think of what great pictures that would make!

The invitations were hard to pick since there are so many that would look great for a beach wedding. I went with sailboat invites to give more of a laid back feel for the guests. You could do any color to match your palette.

Could the sand aisle and driftwood be any more perfect for a beach wedding? Only if you add this gorgeous greenery! Love the simple, but bold set up for the vow to take place.

I gave two options of bridesmaid dresses, one in blue and green and a neutral tone. Both would be appropriate for the beach. As for the bride, nowadays you can go traditional with a full skirted dress or go ultra flowy with a strapless number. Your pick!

The table set up pulls in the greenery and uses the wood tables to add to the natural setting. I love the centerpiece and white settings. The cake is fabulous and is elegant ivory. Those seashell made of white chocolate add the perfect beach detail.

I could see many happy guests at this wedding full of surf, sand, and lots of love. Make me want to go to the beach!


More to come soon and as always, feedback is welcomed! :)

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment