Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Second Go-Round

I posted my second inspiration board to my Facebook account at Wonderland Events, but am just now getting it onto my blog. This board came with much more detail and was a totally different feel from the first. I wanted to make something that was original, refreshing and full of bright colors. Here is what I came up with:

The picture in the far corner shows where I came up with my color palette. I was skimming through a website and saw this table scape and knew I wanted to pursue a wedding with bright purples and teal. The colors are rich and luscious and I thought they would pair perfectly with the outdoor, evening tent. Tents can be a bit pricey, but I think the statement they make and the possibilites for decor outweigh the cost. I also loved the white and ivory place settings found under the star-lit tent.


Round centerpieces made of fresh flowers sit atop crystal candlesticks. I found a gorgeous cake to match and pulled in the teal by adding a signature cocktail,  a trend that is fabulous in itself. The groomsmen are dressed in matching gray tuxes, solid purple ties, and a peacock feather boutonniere. To incorporate the peacock feathers, I found a great flower arrangement for the bride (feathers included) and fresh purple buds to fill the bridesmaid's bouquets. A vision in this ivory gown full of fun ruffles makes the perfect statment for a bold Bride.


And last, but not least, the favors for the guest are monogrammed glasses. You could do these with anything from a simple set of initals to a favorite song quote to make the glass unique. This is the kind of favor that your guests will use and remember how much fun they had at your wedding!


I am working on a beach wedding next, which is where I intend to tie the knot one day. Sand under my feet, waves crashing in my ears, and fresh seafood in my belly :) Stay tuned.


Love,
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment