Monday, September 12, 2011

I love Facelifts!

If you have been here before, you know that the blog looks different. Luckily, I know/date a talented up and coming artist who knows how to work with all programs and can do just about anything. He was responsible for giving this blog the amazing "facelift" it received over the weekend. Since I am already gushing about his talents, just go check it out for yourself after you leave here. His website is http://www.wtarnold.com/ and was designed by him as well.

Ok, now back to my blog :)

When I decide to walk down the aisle, I want there to be sand involved and I think that is why I am being so picky about my beach inspiration board. I just haven't found the right mix of things to make it worthy yet and of course, I am not going to put it out if it isn't my best. Guess you guys will just have to wait for me to perfect it! Until then, check out this vintage board I made. It is breathtakingly beautiful and ultra shabby chic vintage.


The blush, rose, champange, and pale pinks make this wedding super romantic. The pictures of the little girl with the GREAT rosette headpiece is what got me going on this board. How perfect would she be for a flowergirl? And the unique handpiece is to die for... I just happen to know a great company out of Texas that specializes in them. Any venue that has a great outdoor and indoor space would be ideal. Here, I chose a barn with wooden walls to enhance the colors and theme. Pearls used to make chandeliers add a vintage touch and tie in the pearls from the invitations found at the bottom lefthand corner. A branch and baby's breath wreath hung on the wall dresses up the venue a bit, but the mason jars filled with flowers keep it casual. I love the picture on the bottom righthand corner of the suitcase where guests can drop gifts and cards for the new couple. If you look at a earlier post, I bought a great, vintage butterfly case for
this purpose!

 At the top of the board, pictures printed in black and white are hung on pipes by ribbon. Great idea to show off engagement photos! The tree stump circle is being used as the guest book. After the wedding, it will make a great framed piece or can be displayed on a stand. The chocolate bar is a hot trend for this year. The sign and white antique table are two details that make a dessert bar stand out. The bride's dress makes me drool and is a perfect fit for the shabby chic styled party. Bridesmaids will be dressed in a blush hue to match the flowers. Lastly, the flower headbands found underneath the brides bouquet add a delicate detail to the wedding. It is always nice to have a small touch that is capable of making a big impact.

Sorry boys. I was so exctied about the girl's dresses, flowers, and headbands that groom and groomsmen gear didn't make the cut. I definatly would put them in a khaki colored suit and pin them with matching blush flowers wraped in burlap brown. Precious!

Once again, thanks for reading and soaking up my ideas! I hope you had as much fun reading as I did writing and creating! Also, I would love feedback on the new blog's look and the inspiration board!


All for now,
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment